- Suresh Rampersad
The KOCH Heat Transfer Companies provide their clients a real synergistic combination of expert thermal engineering, innovative technologies and best in class manufacturing capabilities to offer the world's most extensive selection of tubular heat exchanger products and solutions.
The KOCH heat transfer engineer has a "tool box" of technologies including breech lock ™ and taper-lok ® high-pressure closures; twisted tube ® technology, heli-baffle ® and conventional baffle shell and tube designs for complete units and replacement bundles; shell and tube, hairpin and large multi-tube configurations; and an extensive variety of both tube and shellside augmentation devices. They use these to provide their customers with cost-effective and reliable products to achieve design objectives. They then augment their thermal/hydraulic/mechanical designs with "best in class" manufacturing. The combination of these provides a single stop for the customer for their heat transfer requirements.
Their mission is to help the client early at the conceptual phase, during process design, operation and maintenance; with technical assistance, field supervision and aftermarket services.
KOCH Heat Transfer Companies design and fabricate custom heat exchangers for a global customer base. Their companies maintain fabrication capabilities in North America, Europe and Asia; either through company-owned facilities or in association with local manufacturers that can fabricate to all major design codes. KOCH heat transfer group is a part of KOCH chemical technology group LLC, a subsidiary of WICHITA, KS based KOCH industries, LLC.
Welding specialties: tube to tubesheet joints, manual and automatic, inner bore welding, bimetallic zr-urea grade stripper tubes, weld overlay, saw with strip up to 90mm, ESW with strip up to 60mm
MAXIMUM WELDING THICKNESS EXPERIENCED
- Carbon steel & low alloy - 250mm
- Stainless steel & nickel alloy - 120mm
- Titanium alloy - 40mm
- Maximum rolling capabilities - 120mm x 3100mm
- Milling machines with 4000mm x 2000mm tool coverage area
- Lathes: up to 5500mm in diameter, 3000mm in height
- Welding techniques: GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, SMAW and saw WPS includes all materials even most alloy ferritic & austenitic (i.e. duplex, titanium, superduplex, copper & nickel alloys)
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
TBV-HPO/TRD 201, DIN EN 729-2, ASME STAMPS (U,U2,S), NB AND R STAMPS, UNI EN ISO 9001;2000, CHINESE CM STAMP, ACHILLES QUALITY STAMP, FPAL FIRST POINT ASSESSMENT
We specialize in thermal design
- 50 years of experience with equipment and technical expertise in process heat technology with a long-standing reputation for excellence in heat transfer design, application and fluid flow.
- State-of-the-art unique product lines, design methods, and computer programs that provide accurate predictions of performance backed by research, tests and years of in-service application.
- Using research and experience data, we provide design/rating/simulation/optimization tuned to the specific requirements of the client.
- We provide heat transfer and pressure drop calculations for: i) Tema shell and tube heat exchangers ii) Hairpin heat exchangers iii) Double pipe heat exchangers iv) Tank, suction and line heaters
- We provide customized designs for special applications using: i) enhanced tubes ii) unique geometries iii) twisted tube ® heat exchangers iv) helical baffle heat exchangers v) innovative augmentation designs vi) fintubes
- We use proprietary software with interface to: HTRI Exchange Suite
KOCH HEAT TRANSFER COMPANY’S OFFERING ALSO INCLUDES REPLACEMENTS, PARTS AND SERVICE. THEIR BUSINESS IS “GETTING YOU BACK IN BUSINESS”
TOP REASONS TO BUY KHTC’S REPLACEMENTS, PARTS AND SERVICE ARE
- We offer one stop shopping for quick solutions to your heat transfer needs
- We are on call 24 / 7 to provide assistance in case of emergencies after hours
We offer replacement units for all BFT, BAS-TEX, BFT (CANADA), TFI (CANADA), KECL, F&T (UK), BIRWELCO (UK) AND BASCO hairpin exchangers
- We work hard for you to minimize downtime by getting parts to you as quickly as you need them – by saving you time, we save you money
- Quick response to inquiries
- Expedited deliveries for equipment and/or parts - call (713) 849-8136 or -8115
- We pride ourselves on on-time deliveries
- Brown fintube is a trusted, reliable trademark in the refining and chemical industries worldwide
- We provide authentic replacement parts for our brand name equipment, assuring quality parts that safely and specifically match the design of your equipment
- We can research equipment information going back over 60 years for units sold worldwide, by you providing our manufacturer’s serial number
- We strive to maintain the highest standards of quality in our equipment and service
- We have service personnel with an average of 20 years of product knowledge & expertise on staff to assist you
- Problem solvers: if you are not sure what you need we can work with you to resolve the issue
- In addition to our TWISTED TUBE ® TECHNOLOGY and Helical flow technology, we use an extensive and unique array of tools to optimize the efficiency of our designs. these tools are also available to enhance the efficiency of existing installations. …
- Main features Extremely reliable high pressure sealing Seating of gaskets by small diameter bolts Absence of threaded holes in forging or in cladding Possibility if in-service Seating of internal gaskets Easy dismantling/re-assembly …
- We offer a full range of sizes, up to and including 36” (914 mm) diameter shells, with surface area in excess of 12,000 ft2 (1,115m2) Reliable closures for design pressures up to 15,000 psi (1055 kg/cm2) Independent tubesheets for high- …
- KOCH HEAT TRANSFER has extensive experience in the construction, fabrication, qualification and design of high-pressure vessels, heat exchangers, separators and reactors up to 200 ton weight, with up to 250 barg shellside using breech-lock and …
- KOCH HEAT TRANSFER COMPANY has a long and successful experience in welding and fabrication with sophisticated materials such as TITANIUM, HASTELLOY ®, INCOLOY ®, MONEL ®, ZIRCONIUM, ETC. Titanium exchangers are manufactured in ther …
- KOCH HEAT TRANSFER tank heaters use longitudinal fins in a compact design to maximize heat transfer surface area. our designs reduce installation and maintenance costs as well as product displacement.Our suction and line heaters only heat your …
- BENEFITS: Reduced number and size of new exchangers Improved thermal and / or hydraulics of existing exchangers MAIN FEATURES: True Counter-current Flow ("F" Shells) Higher Tube Density (40% Or More) & …